Dr.Nakul Karare your Premier Destination for Orthopedic Care in East Northport, NY
Welcome to Dr.Nakul Karkare Orthopedic Excellence, where we are dedicated to delivering comprehensive orthopedic services to the East Northport, NY community. While our primary facility is situated in Stony Brook, NY, our unwavering commitment is to provide top-tier orthopedic care that enhances mobility, relieves pain, and improves your overall quality of life in East Northport.
Dr.Nakul Karkare is the trusted choice for your orthopedic care, and here’s why we are your ideal option:
Experienced Orthopedic Specialists: Our team comprises highly skilled orthopedic specialists who are wholeheartedly devoted to delivering the highest quality of care. Our vast expertise and extensive knowledge empower us to effectively diagnose and treat a wide range of orthopedic conditions.
Personalized Treatment: We understand that every patient is unique, which is why we craft customized treatment plans that cater to your specific needs and goals. This ensures you receive care that is tailored precisely to your individual requirements.
Convenient Accessibility: While our main location is in Stony Brook, we are delighted to extend our exceptional services to East Northport. We firmly believe that accessing outstanding orthopedic care should be effortless, and our dedication to serving your community ensures that you can access top-tier orthopedic services without the need for extensive travel.
Your orthopedic well-being is our top priority. Whether you are grappling with joint discomfort, sports-related injuries, fractures, or any other orthopedic issue, we are here to assist you in reclaiming an active, pain-free lifestyle.
About Dr. Nakul Karkare: Dr. Nakul Karkare is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon with a wealth of experience and expertise in providing exceptional orthopedic care. Holding numerous certifications and a commitment to employing advanced surgical techniques, Dr. Karkare is dedicated to ensuring that patients receive the highest quality of care, precisely tailored to their unique needs.
His patient-centric approach and innovative solutions are at the forefront of orthopedic excellence, establishing him as a trusted name in the field. When you choose Orthopedic Excellence, you are not only choosing top-tier orthopedic care but also Dr. Karkare’s expert guidance and personalized treatment to help you attain optimal orthopedic health and overall well-being.
Our Complete Orthopedic Services Include:
- Personalized knee replacement is a surgical procedure that offers patients an individualized solution for their knee joint issues. It entails replacing a damaged knee joint with an artificial implant carefully tailored to the patient’s unique anatomy.
- The implant is meticulously crafted using advanced imaging technology to generate a 3D model of the patient’s knee joint. This model serves as the blueprint for creating a custom implant that fits the patient’s knee with precision.
- This procedure is recommended for patients who endure severe knee pain, stiffness, and swelling that significantly impact their daily activities and overall quality of life.
- Tailored knee replacement can bring relief by reducing pain, enhancing mobility, and ultimately elevating the patient’s overall quality of life.
- Dr. Karkare is highly skilled in performing minimally-invasive surgical procedures for joint replacement, utilizing innovative techniques and state-of-the-art technology to ensure the precise placement of implant components through smaller, tissue-sparing incisions.
- Patients undergoing personalized knee replacement surgery can anticipate experiencing less discomfort, quicker recovery times, and an improved range of motion compared to conventional knee replacement surgery.
- Hip replacement is a surgical procedure designed to provide patients with renewed mobility and relief from hip joint pain. It involves replacing a damaged hip joint with an artificial implant meticulously engineered to mimic the natural structure and function of the hip joint.
- This procedure is recommended for patients who grapple with severe hip pain, stiffness, and swelling that significantly impede their daily activities and overall quality of life.
- Dr. Karkare is highly skilled in both traditional “open” surgical techniques and minimally-invasive approaches for hip replacement surgery.
- Patients undergoing hip replacement surgery can look forward to experiencing less pain, faster recovery times, and an improved range of motion compared to their condition prior to the surgery.
- Dr. Karkare employs innovative approaches and state-of-the-art technology to ensure the precise placement of implant components through smaller, tissue-sparing incisions.
- Patients who undergo hip replacement surgery can expect to enjoy a more comfortable experience, a faster recovery, and improved range of motion compared to their condition prior to the surgery.
Benefits of Personalized Knee and Hip Replacement:
- Alleviation of pain and discomfort stemming from joint damage
- Improved mobility and enhanced range of motion
- An enriched overall quality of life
- Swift recovery compared to traditional surgery
- Minimally-invasive surgical techniques resulting in less discomfort and faster recovery
- Precise placement of implant components through smaller, tissue-sparing incisions
- Customized implants tailored to the patient’s unique anatomy, leading to superior outcomes
About EastNorthport, NY
East Northport is a hamlet and designated census area situated within the town of Huntington, located in Suffolk County, New York, USA. According to the 2010 census, the population of this area was recorded at 20,217 residents.
Shortly after a village was established in the Huntington region, English settlers sought to expand their territory. On July 30, 1656, they acquired land from Chief Asharoken, leader of the Matinecocks Native American tribe. Part of this land included what we now know as East Northport.
Two separate communities emerged in the area that is today East Northport. The more populous settlement, called Larkfield, was situated on the northern side near Vernon Valley, which is now part of Northport.
Larkfield initially developed close to Genola Cemetery, just north of the present-day intersection of Larkfield Road, Vernon Valley Road, and Laurel Road. On the southern side, there was another community known as Clay Pitts, named for its abundant deposits of red clay.
This clay, previously used by Native Americans for pottery, became a valuable resource for Europeans, who used it to make bricks for construction. The land between Larkfield and Clay Pitts was well-suited for farming, and in the late 18th century, it thrived as a prosperous farming community, supplying produce to markets in New York City and Brooklyn.
In 1868, the Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) established a station in the village of Northport. However, shortly thereafter, the LIRR decided to relocate the Northport station to a new spot in Larkfield to facilitate railway extension to Port Jefferson.
The new railway station, located at Larkfield Road and Bellerose Avenue, opened on January 13, 1873. Although it retained the name of Northport, train conductors would refer to it as “East of Northport” because it was situated east of the railway junction that once directed trains north to the old station in the village of Northport.
Despite East Northport’s primarily southern location in relation to Northport, the area came to be known as East Northport. The Larkfield Post Office formally changed its name to East Northport in 1910, and the East Northport post office building was renamed the Jerome Anthony Ambro, Jr. Post Office Building in 1998.
Following World War II, a suburban migration saw a significant population shift from large cities to suburban areas across America, including Long Island.
East Northport experienced rapid population growth as a housing boom transformed the once rural farmland into modern suburbs. Today, East Northport is not only the largest community in the town of Huntington by land area but also ranks third in population, behind Huntington Station and Dix Hills.
According to the 2010 census data, the population of the CDP was 20,217 residents, residing in 7,114 households, with 5,467 families making their homes here.
The population density was approximately 3,887.9 people per square mile (1,501.1/km2), and there were 7,288 housing units with an average density of around 1,401.5 per square mile (541.1/km2).
The racial composition of the CDP was predominantly White, accounting for 93.1%, with smaller percentages of African American (0.8%), Native American (0.05%), Asian (2.8%), individuals of Pacific Islander descent (0.05%), people of some other race (1.7%), and those identifying with two or more races (1.4%). Additionally, 6.7% of the population identified as Hispanic or Latino.
Within the CDP, there were 7,114 households, with 39.0% of them containing children under the age of 18.
A significant majority (62.9%) were households headed by married couples living together, while 10.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 23.2% were classified as non-families. Individual households constituted 18.8% of the total, and 9.1% were households with someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.84, and the average family size was 3.22.
In terms of age distribution, the population was spread out, with 25.5% under the age of 18, 6.3% between 18 and 24, 23.8% between 25 and 44, 30.4% between 45 and 64, and 13.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 41.8 years. For every 100 females, there were 97.8 males, and among females aged 18 and over, there were 93.7 males.
For the period between 2009 and 2011, the estimated annual median income for a household in the CDP was approximately $101,058. Males had a higher median income, with $81,472, compared to females, who had a median income of $55,403.
The per capita income for the CDP was recorded at $39,766. About 1.5% of families and 3.2% of the total population were living below the poverty line, including 2.4% of those under age 18 and 8.3% of those aged 65 or over.
East Northport, located in Suffolk County on Long Island, may not be the most prominent tourist destination, but it has its unique attractions and qualities that can make it an enjoyable place to visit for those seeking a quieter and more suburban getaway:
Caumsett State Historic Park Preserve: While technically located just outside East Northport, Caumsett State Historic Park Preserve is a nearby natural gem worth exploring. It offers extensive walking and hiking trails through woodlands, meadows, and along the coastline, providing excellent opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts, birdwatchers, and picnickers.
Local Shops and Dining: East Northport boasts a range of local shops and dining establishments. Strolling through its commercial areas can lead to discovering unique boutiques, cozy cafes, and restaurants serving a variety of cuisines. It’s a great place to experience the local flavors and pick up souvenirs.
Proximity to Northport: East Northport is conveniently located near the picturesque village of Northport. Visitors can easily explore Northport’s charming Main Street, which is lined with shops, restaurants, and historic buildings. Northport Harbor offers stunning views and opportunities for waterfront relaxation.
Historical and Cultural Sites:While not as abundant as in larger cities, East Northport has its share of historical and cultural sites. Exploring the local history can provide insight into the area’s development and heritage.
Outdoor Recreation: The town offers several parks and outdoor spaces where visitors can engage in recreational activities such as picnicking, sports, and family outings. These parks are suitable for relaxation and enjoying the natural surroundings.
Family-Friendly Atmosphere:East Northport’s suburban environment makes it a family-friendly destination. It’s a peaceful and safe place to bring children for a relaxing vacation.
Local Events:Check the local event calendar for any community gatherings, fairs, or festivals happening during your visit. These events often showcase the area’s culture and provide opportunities to engage with the friendly local community.
While East Northport may not have the bustling tourism scene of larger cities, its peaceful ambiance, proximity to natural beauty, and welcoming local charm make it an appealing destination for those seeking a more laid-back and suburban experience on Long Island.
Radiology centers near East Northport, NY:
- Zwanger Pesiri Radiology Located at 763 Larkfield Road, Commack, NY, 11725. They offer a range of services including 3D mammography, 3T wide-bore MRI, CT, ultrasound, breast ultrasound, X-ray, and DEXA bone densitometry. They are open from Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM and on Saturdays from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM. You can reach them at (631) 444-5544
- Stony Brook Advanced Specialty Care – Imaging: Located at 500 Commack Rd Ste 101, Commack, NY, 11725. They provide on-site imaging services at an enhanced level of convenience. Walk-ins for x-rays with a doctor’s referral/prescription are welcome. They are open from Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. You can reach them at (631) 638-2600
- St. Catherine of Siena Diagnostic Imaging: Located at 500 Commack Road, Commack, NY 11725. They offer a range of diagnostic imaging services including X-rays and ultrasounds. You can reach them at (934) 223-7171
- Commack Radiology: Located at 763 Larkfield Road, Commack, NY 11725. They offer a range of services including MRI, CT scan, ultrasound and X-ray. You can reach them at (631) 486-8855.
- North Shore Radiology Associates: Located at 500 Commack Rd Ste 103, Commack, NY 11725. They offer a range of services including MRI, CT scan, ultrasound and X-ray. You can reach them at (631) 864-6000
Pharmacies near East Northport, NY:
- CVS Pharmacy: Located at 520 Larkfield Road, East Northport, NY, 11731. They offer a range of services including prescription refills, health and beauty products, and photo printing. They are open every day from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM. You can reach them at (631) 368-4433
- Jones Drug Store: Located at 100 Main St, Northport, NY, 11768. They offer a range of products including toiletries, cleaning supplies, and other drugstore items. You can reach them at (631) 261-7070
- Stop & Shop Pharmacy: Located at 3126 Jericho Turnpike, East Northport, NY, 11731. They offer a range of services including prescription refills and health and wellness products. They are open every day from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM. You can reach them at (631) 462-1500
Here are the directions from East Northport, NY to Complete Orthopedics located at 2500 Nesconset Hwy, Building 10D, Stony Brook, NY 11790:
- Head north on Larkfield Rd toward Elwood Rd.
- Turn left onto Elwood Rd.
- Turn right onto Pulaski Rd.
- Turn left onto NY-25A E / E Main St.
- Turn right onto Stony Brook Rd.
- Turn left onto Nichols Rd.
- Turn right onto NY-347 E / Nesconset Hwy.
- Turn left, and Complete Orthopedics will be on the right.
The total distance is approximately 9 miles and should take around 20 minutes to drive, depending on traffic conditions.
Hospitals and Urgent care centers near East Northport,NY
Excel Urgent Care of East Northport, NY Address: 558 Larkfield Rd, East Northport, NY 11731
CityMD Northport Urgent Care– Long Island 399 Fort Salonga Rd, Northport, NY 11768
Northwell Health-GoHealth Urgent Care 1912 Jericho Turnpike, East Northport, NY 11731
Northport VA Medical Center 79 Middleville Rd, Northport, NY 11768
Whether you’ve been referred to us for orthopedic treatment or you simply have questions or concerns about your orthopedic health, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our dedicated 24/7 team. We’re here to assist you promptly and with genuine compassion.
We understand that many people turn to urgent care centers and hospitals for injuries related to worker’s compensation and no-fault insurance. If your injury doesn’t require a hospital visit, we’re more than happy to provide expert orthopedic treatment tailored to your specific situation. Please feel free to reach out to us at 631-981-2663 to schedule an appointment with us today. Your well-being is our top priority, and we’re here to support you on your path to recovery.